Springville Elementary School
Springville Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Springville Elementary School's student population of 112 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2011)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||112 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Springville Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1218 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||70-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tazewell County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boissevain Abb's Valley-boissevain Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 167 students
7030 Abb's Valley Road
Boissevain, VA 24606
(276) 945-5969 5.2 PK-5 167
- Bluefield Dudley Primary Grades: PK-2 | 256 students
1840 Tazewell Ave
Bluefield, VA 24605
(276) 326-1507 6.7 PK-2 256
- Bluefield Graham High School Grades: 9-12 | 520 students
Bluefield, VA 24605
(276) 326-1235 7.2 9-12 520
- Tazewell Tazewell Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 409 students
367 Hope Street
Tazewell, VA 24651
(276) 988-6513 7.2 6-8 409
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.