Abb's Valley-boissevain Elementary School
Abb's Valley-boissevain Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Abb's Valley-boissevain Elementary School's student population of 167 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2009)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Abb's Valley-boissevain Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#982 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||75-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tazewell County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anawalt Anawalt Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 61 students
230 Schoolhouse Road
Anawalt, WV 24808
(304) 383-4849 4.9 K-5 61
- North Tazewell Springville Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 112 students
144 Schoolhouse Road
North Tazewell, VA 24630
(276) 322-5900 5.2 K-5 112
- Bluefield Dudley Primary Grades: PK-2 | 256 students
1840 Tazewell Ave
Bluefield, VA 24605
(276) 326-1507 5.7 PK-2 256
- Bluefield Graham Intermediate Grades: 3-5 | 280 students
808 Greever Ave
Bluefield, VA 24605
(276) 326-3737 6.3 3-5 280
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.