Stewart County Middle School
- Stewart County Middle School's student population of 465 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has grown by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||465 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stewart County Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Stewart County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dover Dover Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 504 students
1010 Moore Rd
Dover, TN 37058
(931)232-5442 2.0 PK-5 504
- Dover Stewart Co High School Grades: 9-12 | 679 students
120 Robertson Hill Rd
Dover, TN 37058
(931)232-5179 3.1 9-12 679
- Big Rock North Stewart Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 409 students
2201 Hwy 79
Big Rock, TN 37023
(931)232-5505 7.6 PK-5 409
- Tennessee Ridge Tennessee Ridge Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 283 students
135 School St
Tennessee Ridge, TN 37178
(931)721-3780 12.4 PK-5 283
- Erin Houston Co High School Grades: 9-12 | 431 students
2500 State Route 149
Erin, TN 37061
(931)289-4447 13.0 9-12 431
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.