Stissing Mountain Middle School
- Stissing Mountain Middle School's student population of 208 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||208 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stissing Mountain Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2184 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pine Plains Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pine Plains Stissing Mountain High School Grades: 9-12 | 315 students
2829 Church St
Pine Plains, NY 12567
(518)398-7181 0.0 9-12 315
- Pine Plains Seymour Smith Intermediate Learning Center Grades: 2-5 | 255 students
41 Academy St
Pine Plains, NY 12567
(518)398-3000 0.8 2-5 255
- Stanfordville Cold Spring Early Learning Center Grades: PK-1 | 180 students
358 Homan Rd
Stanfordville, NY 12581
(845)868-7451 6.6 PK-1 180
- Red Hook Red Hook Residential Center Grades: 6-11 | 8 students
531 Turkey Hill Rd
Red Hook, NY 12571
(845)758-4151 8.3 6-11 8
- Amenia Webutuck Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 234 students
175 Haight Rd
Amenia, NY 12501
(845)373-4122 9.3 PK-3 234
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.