Sunset Park Prep
Sunset Park Prep places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Sunset Park Prep's student population of 506 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has grown by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||506 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sunset Park Prep's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2440 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic #15 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn I.S. 136 Charles O Dewey Grades: 6-8 | 486 students
4004 4th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11232
(718)840-1950 0.0 6-8 486
- Brooklyn Sunset Park Avenue Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 348 students
4222 4th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11232
(718)369-8330 0.0 PK-5 348
- Brooklyn Brooklyn Prospect Charter School Grades: K-12 | 998 students
3002 Fort Hamilton Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11218
(347)889-7041 0.3 K-12 998
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.