Sweet Home Senior High School
Sweet Home Senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Sweet Home Senior High School's student population of 1,034 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 81 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,034 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||81 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Sweet Home Senior High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#137 out of 4239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sweet Home Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo Willow Ridge Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 328 students
480 Willow Ridge Dr
Buffalo, NY 14228
(716)250-1575 0.3 K-5 328
- Buffalo Heritage Heights Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 335 students
2545 Sweet Home Rd
Buffalo, NY 14228
(716)250-1525 1.1 K-5 335
- Tonawanda Glendale Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 375 students
101 Glendale Dr
Tonawanda, NY 14150
(716)250-1500 1.5 K-5 375
- Buffalo Sweet Home Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 703 students
4150 Maple Rd
Buffalo, NY 14226
(716)250-1450 1.6 6-8 703
- Buffalo Heim Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 620 students
155 Heim Rd
Buffalo, NY 14221
(716)626-8686 1.9 K-4 620
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.