Switzerland Point Middle School
Switzerland Point Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Switzerland Point Middle School's student population of 1,348 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 68 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,348 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Switzerland Point Middle School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,650 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#94 out of 3650 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Johns School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Johns Cunningham Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1022 students
1205 Roberts Rd
Saint Johns, FL 32259
(904)547-7860 2.2 PK-5 1022
- Saint Johns Bartram Trail High School Grades: 9-12 | 2487 students
7399 Longleaf Pine Pkwy
Saint Johns, FL 32259
(904)547-8340 2.5 9-12 2487
- Fleming Island Fleming Island High School Grades: 9-12 | 2203 students
2233 Village Square Pkwy
Fleming Island, FL 32003
(904)336-7500 3.9 9-12 2203
This school is the best school I've ever been to. Before I went here, I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to make any friends and also that the teachers wouldn't care about the students that much. Because in my old school they didn't. When I got there, I loved it!!!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Sarah G.
I go to Switzerland Point Middle School, it will be my second year there, my brother went through Swiz too. Swiz is wonderful! The teachers, students, classes! EVERYTHING! And I am not just saying this. If you are a sixth grader they help you out sooo much not only on the first day but for the rest of the year! The teachers are really do care about you and your grades! There is so much after school activities and great electives to chose from! Switzerland Point Middle School is the best Middle School in St.Johns county, Jacksonville, Florida, USA, North America, THE WHOLE WORLD!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mwp1