Tea Area High School - 03
Tea Area High School - 03 places among the top 20% of public schools in South Dakota for:
- Category Attribute
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Tea Area High School - 03's student population of 409 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||409 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tea Area High School - 03 is ranked within the top 50% of all 617 schools in South Dakota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SD)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tea Area 41-5 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tea Tea Area Intermediate - 04 Grades: 3-5 | 352 students
515 W Brian
Tea, SD 57064
(605)498-2700 0.0 3-5 352
- Tea Tea Area Middle School - 02 Grades: 6-8 | 341 students
500 W Brian
Tea, SD 57064
(605)498-2700 0.0 6-8 341
- Tea Tea Area Elementary - 01 Grades: PK-2 | 441 students
500 Charish St
Tea, SD 57064
(605)498-2700 0.3 PK-2 441
- Sioux Falls Rf Pettigrew Elementary - 17 Grades: PK-5 | 921 students
7900 W 53rd St
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
(605)362-3560 3.7 PK-5 921
- Sioux Falls Explorer Elementary - 04 Grades: PK-5 | 368 students
4010 W 82nd St
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
(605)743-2567 3.8 PK-5 368
I loved my time at tea, the class size is small enough where almost everyone in my grade was friends with everyone else, all of the extracurricular activities are top notch, especially band and basketball, and the teachers are all easy to talk to, even for the more shy kids
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ryland
This is the worst school in South Dakota. The principle is worthless and so is his little maid. If I were you I would never send any of your kids to Tea Area High school. They treat you like your 10 years younger than you really are. Also if someone asked me what I learned from this school would be how to mess around rather than any preparing for the real world.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Nick.
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.