Anderson-Shiro CISD School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public schools in Anderson-Shiro CISD School District, serving 860 students.
- Public school in Anderson-Shiro CISD School District have an average math proficiency score of 88% (versus the Texas public school average of 78%), and reading proficiency score of 78% (versus the 72% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the top 20% of public schools in Texas.
- Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Texas public school average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Texas public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Anderson-Shiro CISD School District|
|School District Website||http://ascisd.net|
|School District Phone Number||(936)873-4500|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||8,947 Schools|
|# of Students||860 Students||5,398,246 Students|
|# of Teachers||67 Teachers||355,401 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
- Anderson-Shiro CISD School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,195 school districts in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (TX)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 Students||20,590 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||235,500 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||138 Students||2,826,531 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||62 Students||680,292 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||632 Students||1,504,856 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||8,027 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||22 Students||122,450 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||36||254,767|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||63||371,437|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||66||388,455|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||54||394,227|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||63||409,796|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||57||413,679|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||67||414,261|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||66||402,503|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||61||402,496|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||62||398,647|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||85||433,436|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||65||397,442|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||65||371,952|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||50||345,148|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,114 is higher than the state average of $10,361. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $29,783 is higher than the state average of $10,634. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (TX)|
|Total Revenue||$9 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,114||$10,361|
|Spending / Student||$29,783||$10,634|
Anderson-Shiro CISD School District Public Schools (2020)
Learn more about Cato Middle College High, a school that allows students to get a head start on college courses while still in high school.
Public schools in the United States have an interesting history. Learn about how these public institutions developed into a cornerstone of our country's education.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.