Tinkham Alternative Education
Tinkham Alternative Education places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Tinkham Alternative Education's student population of 200 students has grown by 198% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tinkham Alternative Education is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2427 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wayne-Westland Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westland Alexander Hamilton Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 478 students
1031 South Schuman St
Westland, MI 48186
(734) 419-2650 0.5 K-4 478
- Westland Eugene B Elliott Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 351 students
30800 Bennington St
Westland, MI 48186
(734) 419-2610 1.1 K-4 351
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.