Top Michigan Vocational Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 top vocational public schools in Michigan.
- Vocational schools offer a series of courses which directly prepare individuals in paid or unpaid employment in jobs that have requirements other than a baccalaureate or advanced degree.
- Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Michigan state average of 32%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 2:1 is less than the state average of 18:1.
Top Michigan Vocational Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Saginaw Career Opportunities Center 2102 Weiss St
Saginaw, MI 48602
Grades: 9-12 | 27 students
- Attica Lapeer Co. Education And Technology Center 690 Lake Pleasant Rd
Attica, MI 48412
Grades: PK-12 | 53 students
- Mason School To Work Transition Program 611 Hagadorn Rd
Mason, MI 48854
Grades: 9-12 | 6 students
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.