Valle Crucis Elementary School
- Valle Crucis Elementary School's student population of 348 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||348 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Valle Crucis Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#729 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Watauga County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vilas Cove Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 286 students
930 Vanderpool Rd
Vilas, NC 28692
(828)297-2781 3.6 PK-8 286
- Banner Elk Banner Elk Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 174 students
155 Orchard Lane
Banner Elk, NC 28604
(828)737-5700 5.9 PK-5 174
- Sugar Grove Bethel Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 169 students
138 Bethel School Rd
Sugar Grove, NC 28679
(828)297-2240 6.4 K-8 169
- Boone Hardin Park Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 877 students
361 Jefferson Road
Boone, NC 28607
(828)264-8481 7.1 PK-8 877
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.