Valle Crucis Elementary School
- Valle Crucis Elementary School's student population of 346 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||346 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Valle Crucis Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Watauga County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vilas Cove Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 297 students
930 Vanderpool Rd
Vilas, NC 28692
(828)297-2781 3.6 PK-8 297
- Banner Elk Banner Elk Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 180 students
155 Orchard Lane
Banner Elk, NC 28604
(828)737-5700 5.9 PK-5 180
- Sugar Grove Bel Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 175 students
138 Bethel School Rd
Sugar Grove, NC 28679
(828)297-2240 6.4 K-8 175
- Boone Hardin Park Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 804 students
361 Jefferson Road
Boone, NC 28607
(828)264-8481 7.1 PK-8 804
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.