Valley Cottage School
- Valley Cottage School's student population of 453 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||453 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Valley Cottage School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#1667 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||NYACK UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Valley Cottage Liberty Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 487 students
142 Lake Rd
Valley Cottage, NY 10989
(845)353-7240 1.2 K-5 487
- West Nyack Strawtown Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 307 students
413 Strawtown Rd
West Nyack, NY 10994
(845)624-3473 1.4 K-5 307
- Nyack Upper Nyack School Grades: K-5 | 432 students
336 N Broadway
Nyack, NY 10960
(845)353-7260 1.7 K-5 432
- West Nyack Felix Festa Achievement Middle School Grades: 6 | 635 students
30 Parrott Rd
West Nyack, NY 10994
(845)624-3969 1.9 6 635
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.