Van Gogh Charter
Van Gogh Charter places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Van Gogh Charter's student population of 470 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||470 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Van Gogh Charter is ranked within the top 20% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1041 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Granada Hills El Oro Way Charter For Enriched Studies Grades: K-5 | 460 students
12230 El Oro Way
Granada Hills, CA 91344
(818) 360-2288 0.9 K-5 460
- Granada Hills Robert Frost Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,617 student
12314 Bradford Pl.
Granada Hills, CA 91344
(818) 832-6900 0.9 6-8 1,617
- Downey Nidorf Barry J. Grades: 6-12 | 169 students
16350 Filbert St.
Downey, CA 90242
(818) 367-5942 1.4 6-12 169
- Sun Valley North Valley Military Institute College Preparatory Academy Grades: 6-12 | 605 students
12105 Allegheny St.
Sun Valley, CA 91352
(818) 368-1557 1.8 6-12 605
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.