King William County Public Schools School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public elementary schools in King William County Public Schools School District, serving 1,488 students. Public elementary schools in King William County Public Schools School District have an average math proficiency score of 72% (versus the Virginia public elementary school average of 72%), and reading proficiency score of 75% (versus the 78% statewide average). This district's average elementary testing ranking is 5/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Virginia public elementary school average of 52% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Virginia public elementary school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||King William County Public Schools School District|
|School District Website||http://www.kwcps.k12.va.us|
|School District Phone Number||(804) 769-3434|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||1,487 Schools|
|# of Students||1,488 Students||864,831 Students|
|# of Teachers||108 Teachers||56,825 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
- King William County Public Schools School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 134 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#82 out of 135 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||21 Students||2,326 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||7 Students||58,494 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||40 Students||138,705 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||226 Students||193,473 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,124 Students||419,385 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||1,392 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||69 Students||51,056 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||12||26,408|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||148||90,437|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||141||94,212|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||166||94,065|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||140||96,843|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||189||99,187|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||176||99,445|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||158||97,617|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||193||79,356|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||165||77,139|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||2,612|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||2,660|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||2,479|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||2,371|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,179 is higher than the state median of $11,878. The school district revenue/student has declined by 27% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,119 is less than the state median of $11,949. The school district spending/student has declined by 24% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$27 MM||$44 MM|
|Spending||$24 MM||$45 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,179||$11,878|
|Revenue / Student||$11,119||$11,949|
King William County Public Schools School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Acquinton Elementary School 18550 King William Road
King William, VA 23086
Grades: 3-5 | 505 students
- Hamilton Holmes Middle School 18444 King William Road
King William, VA 23086
Grades: 6-8 | 516 students
- Cool Spring Primary7301 Acquinton Church Rd.
King William, VA 23086
Grades: PK-2 | 467 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.