King William County Public Schools School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public preschool in King William County Public Schools School District, serving 467 students. public preschool in King William County Public School School District have a diversity score of 0.41, which is less than the Virginia public preschool average of 0.70.
- The most diverse pre school in King William County Public Schools School District is Cool Spring Primary, with 0.41 diversity score. Read more about public pre school diversity statistics in Virginia or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Virginia public preschool average of 53% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Virginia public preschool average of 16:1.
|School District Name||King William County Public Schools School District|
|School District Website||http://www.kwcps.k12.va.us|
|School District Phone Number||(804) 769-3434|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,066 Schools|
|# of Students||467 Students||565,701 Students|
|# of Teachers||33 Teachers||36,036 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#82 out of 135 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9 Students||1,559 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||43,854 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||16 Students||97,988 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||55 Students||118,782 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||355 Students||268,543 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||919 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||29 Students||34,056 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||12||33,461|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||148||83,462|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||141||85,976|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||166||85,440|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||84,035|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||85,217|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||82,721|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||15,022|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||1,663|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||555|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||2,042|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||2,131|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||2,023|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||1,953|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,179 is higher than the state median of $11,878. The school district revenue/student has declined by 27% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,119 is less than the state median of $11,949. The school district spending/student has declined by 24% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$27 MM||$44 MM|
|Spending||$24 MM||$45 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,179||$11,878|
|Revenue / Student||$11,119||$11,949|
King William County Public Schools School District Public Preschools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Cool Spring Primary7301 Acquinton Church Rd.
King William, VA 23086
Grades: PK-2 | 467 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.