New Kent Co Pblc Schs School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by New Kent Co Pblc Schs School District serving 3,156 students in Quinton, Virginia.
- Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Virginia state average of 50%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is equal to the state average of 15:1.
New Kent Co Pblc Schs School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Quinton George W. Watkins Elementary School6501 New Kent Hwy
Quinton, VA 23141
Grades: PK-5 | 710 students
- New Kent New Kent Elementary School11705 New Kent Hwy
New Kent, VA 23124
Grades: PK-5 | 754 students
- New Kent New Kent High School7365 Egypt Rd
New Kent, VA 23124
Grades: 9-12 | 985 students
|School District Name||New Kent Co Pblc Schs School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,156 students|
|# of Teachers||205 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||1,564 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,592 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||37 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||31 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||164 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||317 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,449 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||156 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||78|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||188|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||220|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||227|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||226|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||264|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||261|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||243|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||216|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||248|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||257|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||236|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||249|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||243|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- New Kent Co Pblc Schs School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 134 school districts in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 86% has increased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (VA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,404 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,518. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,404 is less than the state average of $11,680. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (VA)|
|Total Revenue||$25 MM||$41 MM|
|Spending||$28 MM||$42 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,404||$11,518|
|Spending / Student||$9,404||$11,680|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.