Wealthy School News
Browse past news stories for Wealthy School in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Wealthy school districts at center of Kansas funding dispute - Lawrence Journal World
Kansas legislative leaders preparing for a June 23 special session to discuss school funding say they plan to resolve the issue as quickly as possible to avoid school closures on July 1, a ...
- Who makes sense in this debate? Ravitch vs. wealthy school reformer — Round 2. - Washington Post
Last month I published the first part of a conversation between Diane Ravitch, education historian and activist, and Whitney Tilson, a wealthy hedge fund manager who has long been ...
- Diane Ravitch has a most unusual conversation with a wealthy school reformer - Washington Post
Whitney Tilson is a wealthy hedge fund manager who has long been involved in school reform. Among other enterprises, he was a founder of Teach For America as well as Democrats for Education ...
- Kansas Lawmakers Eye Funds From Wealthy School Districts To Satisfy Supreme Court - KCUR
Ever since the Kansas Supreme Court ruled education block grants unconstitutional and ordered the Legislature to make school funding between districts equitable, many have wo ...
- State budget proposal shifts aid toward wealthy schools - Chalkbeat Indiana
Meanwhile, the two wealthiest school districts in the state for family income — Zionsville and Carmel — would see large increases in total state basic tuition aid: 10.6 percent ...