Weeks Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 743 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 79%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in IA
- Math Proficiency: 47% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 45% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
47% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 69% IA state average), while 45% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 68% IA state average).
How many students attend Weeks Middle School?
743 students attend Weeks Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
41% of Weeks Middle School students are Hispanic, 21% of students are White, 16% of students are Black, 14% of students are Asian, 7% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Weeks Middle School?
Weeks Middle School has a student ration of 15:1, which is higher than the Iowa state average of 14:1.
What grades does Weeks Middle School offer ?
Weeks Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
Review Weeks Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities