Wegienka Elementary School
Wegienka Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Wegienka Elementary School's student population of 471 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||471 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wegienka Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#538 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Woodhaven-Brownstown School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flat Rock Maple Grove Alternative High School Grades: 9-12 | 99 students
24975 Van Horn Rd
Flat Rock, MI 48134
(734) 783-3333 0.9 9-12 99
- Flat Rock Woodhaven High School Grades: 10-12 | 1,226 student
24787 Van Horn Rd
Flat Rock, MI 48134
(734) 783-3333 1.0 10-12 1,226
- New Boston Brown Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 558 students
25485 Middlebelt Rd
New Boston, MI 48164
(734) 782-2716 1.8 PK-5 558
- Romulus Brownstown Middle School Grades: 6-7 | 767 students
20135 Inkster Rd
Romulus, MI 48174
(734) 783-3400 2.0 6-7 767
- Trenton Bates Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 498 students
22811 Gudith Rd
Trenton, MI 48183
(734) 692-2217 2.1 K-5 498
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?