Wells Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 977 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 20:1
- Minority Enrollment: 70%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 52% (Top 30%)
- Reading Proficiency: 65% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
52% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 65% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Wells Middle School?
977 students attend Wells Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
37% of Wells Middle School students are Asian, 30% of students are White, 18% of students are Hispanic, 9% of students are Two or more races, 5% of students are Black, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Wells Middle School?
Wells Middle School has a student ration of 20:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Wells Middle School offer ?
Wells Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
View the Wells Middle School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Wells Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities