West Elementary School
- West Elementary School's student population of 436 students has grown by 34% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has grown by 33% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2010)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Total Students||436 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- West Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Knoxville Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Knoxville Knoxville Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 359 students
102 N Lincoln
Knoxville, IA 50138
(641)842-3315 0.3 6-8 359
- Melcher Dallas Melcher-dallas Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 224 students
1003 E Park St
Melcher Dallas, IA 50062
(641)947-3151 8.5 PK-5 224
- Melcher Dallas Melcher-dallas High School Grades: 9-12 | 79 students
214 S Main
Melcher Dallas, IA 50163
(641)947-3731 9.3 9-12 79
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.