Whale Gulch Elementary School
- Whale Gulch Elementary School's student population of 36 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Whale Gulch Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3325 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Leggett Valley Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Whitethorn Whitethorn Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 56 students
16851 Briceland-thorn Rd.
Whitethorn, CA 95589
(707)986-7420 7.2 K-6 56
- Leggett Leggett Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 17 students
1 Sch Way
Leggett, CA 95585
(707)925-6285 10.3 9-12 17
- Eureka Southern Humboldt Community Grades: 7-12 | 18 students
286 Sprowl Creek Rd.
Eureka, CA 95501
(707)923-2550 11.8 7-12 18
- Redway Redway Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 265 students
344 Humboldt Ave.
Redway, CA 95560
(707)923-2526 14.4 K-6 265
- Laytonville Branscomb Elementary School Grades: K-4
14320 Branscomb Rd.
Laytonville, CA 95454
(707)984-8568 22.9 K-4 n/a
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.