Willow Grove Elementary School
- Willow Grove Elementary School's student population of 646 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-6|
|Total Students||646 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Willow Grove Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2943 out of 4239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Haverstraw-Stony Point Csd (North Rockland) School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Thiells North Rockland High School Grades: 9-12 | 2548 students
106 Hammond Rd
Thiells, NY 10984
(845)942-3300 0.5 9-12 2548
- Thiells Thiells Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 753 students
78 Rosman Rd
Thiells, NY 10984
(845)942-3160 0.8 K-3 753
- Stony Point James A Farley Elementary School Grades: 4-6 | 599 students
140 Rt 210
Stony Point, NY 10980
(845)942-3200 1.7 4-6 599
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.