- Grades: 7-8
- Enrollment: 520 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 47%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in IA
- Math Proficiency: 51% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 47% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
51% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 69% IA state average), while 47% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 68% IA state average).
How many students attend Wood Intermediate?
520 students attend Wood Intermediate.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
53% of Wood Intermediate students are White, 22% of students are Black, 12% of students are Hispanic, 12% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Wood Intermediate?
Wood Intermediate has a student ration of 12:1, which is lower than the Iowa state average of 14:1.
What grades does Wood Intermediate offer ?
Wood Intermediate offers enrollment in grades 7-8 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Wood Intermediate. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities