Yorkville Community School
- Yorkville Community School's student population of 513 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||513 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Yorkville Community School is ranked within the top 50% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#1596 out of 4239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic District # 2 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York East Side Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 449 students
331 E 91st St
New York, NY 10028
(212)360-0114 0.0 6-8 449
- New York P.S. 527 East Side School For Social Action Grades: K-5 | 384 students
323 E 91st St
New York, NY 10128
(212)828-2710 0.0 K-5 384
- New York Richard R Green High School Of Teaching Grades: 9-12 | 502 students
New York, NY 10004
(646)826-8174 0.2 9-12 502
- New York P.S. 198 Isador E Ida Straus Grades: PK-5 | 461 students
1700 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10128
(212)289-3702 0.3 PK-5 461
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.