A. E. Arnold Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
A. E. Arnold Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- A. E. Arnold Elementary School's student population of 728 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||728 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- A. E. Arnold Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has increased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of A. E. Arnold Elementary School is Cypress Elementary School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Cypress Elementary School District's student population of 3,938 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $8,811 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,162 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Cypress Elementary School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||3,938||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$34 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$43 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,811||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$11,162||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cypress Lexington Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 1358 students
4351 Orange Ave.
Cypress, CA 90630
(714)220-4201 0.2 7-8 1358
- Cypress Oxford Academy Grades: 7-12 | 1208 students
5172 Orange Ave.
Cypress, CA 90630
(714)220-3055 0.7 7-12 1208
- Hawaiian Gardens Hawaiian Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 411 students
12350 E. 226th St.
Hawaiian Gardens, CA 90716
(562)229-7865 0.8 K-6 411
- Los Alamitos Laurel High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12
3591 Cerritos Ave.
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
(562)799-4820 0.9 9-12 n/a
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.