Academy Of Math And Science
- The student population of 412 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2008)|
|Grades Offered||Grades KG-12|
|Total Students||412 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.54 is less than the state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Academy Of Mathematics And Science Inc. School District's student population of 412 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $6,882 in this district is less than the state average of $9,449. The district revenue/student has declined by 6% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $4,608 is less than the state average of $8,879. The district spending/student has declined by 45% over four years.
|School District Name||Academy Of Mathematics And Science Inc. School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||412||325|
|District Total Revenue||$3 MM||$3 MM|
|District Spending||$2 MM||$2 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$6,882||$9,449|
|District Spending / Student||$4,608||$8,879|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TucsonEmily Meschter Early Learning CenterGrades: PK | 42 students
4605 N. La Cholla Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85705
- TucsonFlowing Wells High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 1694 students
3725 N Flowing Wells Rd
Tucson, AZ 85705
- TucsonPima County Jted At Flowing Wells High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 3 students
2855 W. Master Pieces Dr.
Tucson, AZ 85741
- TucsonAcademy Adventures Primary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 92 students
3902 North Flowing Wells Road
Tucson, AZ 85705
- TucsonWalter Douglas Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-6 | 669 students
3302 N Flowing Wells Rd
Tucson, AZ 85705
My grandson is starting his second year at AMS. He was in kindergarten last year (although he did a lot of first-grade work in reading and math), and again I expect that he will work above grade level. I was extremely pleased with the progress he made during this year. He was not reading at all when he entered AMS, but after a year, he is now reading books such as "Treasure Island" that are well above the first-grade level. He is also doing very well in math, and is making great progress in understanding concepts as well as doing the necessary drill work in the basics. As a scientist/educator myself (I am Prof. Emeritus at the Univ. of Arizona), I am convinced that my grandson's progress is due to the excellence of the curriculum and the quality of the teachers at AMS. The teachers are quite flexible and allow each student to progress as rapidly as their abilities will permit. AMS has music and art classes and multiple after school learning activities for students. The students are ethnically diverse, and the parents are supportive of school activities. I look forward to my grandson having another year of exciting growth in his learning and development at this excellent school.
- Posted by Parent - gtoll
My daughter was not being challenged at her previous middle school. She attended AMS for 8th grade this year. The difference in her outlook on school is astounding. She is motivated and earned straight A’s. She also won many local and state awards for writing, math and art. When considering her options for high school, she chose to stay at AMS because of the person attention she receives from the excellent teachers. She is also excited about the dual-credit classes she can take to earn college credit. On this last day of school, we both look forward to her high school career at AMS.
- Posted by Parent - chuck
I am very happy with AMS, not only because my son is safe, pampered and joyful at school, but because the academic level is above all expectations. At the end of KG ALL students in his class read books and write 5-sentences compositions. They finished the 1st grade math program in KG, so you can send them buy groceries, and they will bring you the exact change. Next year, in 1st grade they will do the 2nd grade program, and so one. Every week children have a poetry to learn. They have music twice per week, Art, PE and other electives. Every day an art or sport club is offered after school, as well as free tutoring and homework help. At the beginning I was afraid of the homework, but at the end of the year I am only happy with it: the homework process is now as natural as brushing the teethes, because it started at this early age. AMS academic teams won a lot of award on regional, state and national level. I know almost all parents in my son's class and other low elementary classes, because they are always present in field trips, school events, celebrations, and just before and after school speaking with teachers or administrators. Students have special rooms for Music, Art, Foreign languages and computer lessons, as well as playground and PE field.
- Posted by Parent - mnvas