Top Alaska Vocational Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 top vocational public schools in Alaska.
- Vocational schools offer a series of courses which directly prepare individuals in paid or unpaid employment in jobs that have requirements other than a baccalaureate or advanced degree.
- Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Alaska state average of 52%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is equal to the state average of 17:1.
Top Alaska Vocational Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Fairbanks Hutchison High School 3750 Geist Road
Fairbanks, AK 99709
Grades: 9-12 | 403 students
- Anchorage King Career Center 2650 E Northern Lights Blvd
Anchorage, AK 99508
Grades: 10-12 | n/a students
- Wasilla Mat-su Career & Technical Ed High School 2472 N Seward Meridian Parkway
Wasilla, AK 99654
Grades: 9-12 | 542 students
A NYC public school is now completely vegetarian! How have students reacted, and will other public schools follow suit?
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.