Top Alaska Vocational Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 top vocational public schools in Alaska.
- Vocational schools offer a series of courses which directly prepare individuals in paid or unpaid employment in jobs that have requirements other than a baccalaureate or advanced degree.
- Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Alaska state average of 52%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is equal to the state average of 17:1.
Top Alaska Vocational Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Fairbanks Hutchison High School 3750 Geist Road
Fairbanks, AK 99709
Grades: 9-12 | 403 students
- Anchorage King Career Center 2650 E Northern Lights Blvd
Anchorage, AK 99508
Grades: 10-12 | n/a students
- Wasilla Mat-su Career & Technical Ed High School 2472 N Seward Meridian Parkway
Wasilla, AK 99654
Grades: 9-12 | 542 students
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.