Top Alaska Vocational Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 top vocational public schools in Alaska.
- Vocational schools offer a series of courses which directly prepare individuals in paid or unpaid employment in jobs that have requirements other than a baccalaureate or advanced degree.
- Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is less than the Alaska state average of 52%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is equal to the state average of 17:1.
Top Alaska Vocational Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Fairbanks Hutchison High School 3750 Geist Road
Fairbanks, AK 99709
Grades: 9-12 | 403 students
- Anchorage King Career Center 2650 E Northern Lights Blvd
Anchorage, AK 99508
Grades: 10-12 | n/a students
- Wasilla Mat-su Career & Technical Ed High School 2472 N Seward Meridian Parkway
Wasilla, AK 99654
Grades: 9-12 | 542 students
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.