Top Alaska Public Schools
- Alaska is the #45 largest school system in the United States, serving 132,474 students across the top 519 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Alaska public schools have a diversity score of 0.35, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 52% (majority American Indian) and the student:teacher ratio is 17:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(AK) School Average
Two or more races
Top Alaska Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 7 Schools240 Students88% Minority
- 6 Schools495 Students81% Minority
- 101 Schools48,827 Students57% Minority
- 40 Schools5,164 Students97% Minority
- 5 Schools162 Students69% Minority
- 4 Schools872 Students35% Minority
- 11 Schools1,046 Students94% Minority
- 37 Schools19,166 Students35% Minority
- 5 Schools299 Students25% Minority
- 7 Schools284 Students68% Minority
- 15 Schools4,851 Students50% Minority
- 43 Schools8,989 Students26% Minority
- 15 Schools2,393 Students49% Minority
- 15 Schools2,434 Students62% Minority
- 12 Schools2,576 Students100% Minority
- 13 Schools311 Students89% Minority
- 45 Schools18,652 Students28% Minority
- 20 Schools2,610 Students96% Minority
- 11 Schools2,047 Students98% Minority
- 13 Schools2,173 Students97% Minority
- 4 Schools567 Students40% Minority
- 15 Schools1,184 Students61% Minority
- 8 Schools1,771 Students58% Minority
- 1 Schools108 Students21% Minority
- 13 Schools1,155 Students34% Minority
- 16 Schools1,504 Students46% Minority
- 3 Schools274 Students54% Minority
- 2 Schools85 Students75% Minority
- 32 Schools2,235 Students68% Minority
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.