Top Alaska Public Schools
- Alaska is the #45 largest school system in the United States, serving 132,474 students across the top 519 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Alaska public schools have a diversity score of 0.70, which is higher than the national average of 0.52.
- Minority enrollment is 52% (majority American Indian) and the student:teacher ratio is 17:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(AK) School Average
Two or more races
Top Alaska Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 7 Schools240 Students88% Minority
- 6 Schools495 Students81% Minority
- 101 Schools48,827 Students57% Minority
- 40 Schools5,164 Students97% Minority
- 5 Schools162 Students69% Minority
- 4 Schools872 Students35% Minority
- 11 Schools1,046 Students94% Minority
- 37 Schools19,166 Students35% Minority
- 5 Schools299 Students25% Minority
- 7 Schools284 Students68% Minority
- 15 Schools4,851 Students50% Minority
- 43 Schools8,989 Students26% Minority
- 15 Schools2,393 Students49% Minority
- 15 Schools2,434 Students62% Minority
- 12 Schools2,576 Students100% Minority
- 13 Schools311 Students89% Minority
- 45 Schools18,652 Students28% Minority
- 20 Schools2,610 Students96% Minority
- 11 Schools2,047 Students98% Minority
- 13 Schools2,173 Students97% Minority
- 4 Schools567 Students40% Minority
- 15 Schools1,184 Students61% Minority
- 8 Schools1,771 Students58% Minority
- 1 Schools108 Students21% Minority
- 13 Schools1,155 Students34% Minority
- 16 Schools1,504 Students46% Minority
- 3 Schools274 Students54% Minority
- 2 Schools85 Students75% Minority
- 32 Schools2,235 Students68% Minority
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.