- School Type: Alternative school
- Grades: 1-12
- Enrollment: 27 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 4:1
- Minority Enrollment: 92%
- Graduation Rate: ≥50% (Btm 50% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: ≤20% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: ≤20% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤20% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while ≤20% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Alba?
The graduation rate of Alba is 50%, which is lower than the California state average of 84%.
How many students attend Alba?
27 students attend Alba.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
74% of Alba students are Hispanic, 11% of students are Black, 8% of students are White, and 7% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Alba?
Alba has a student ration of 4:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Alba offer ?
Alba offers enrollment in grades 1-12
What school district is Alba part of?
Alba is part of San Diego Unified School District.
View the Alba yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Alba. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities