Alcott Elementary School
Alcott Elementary School serves 630 students in grades Prekindergarten-8.
Alcott Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Illinois for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 64% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 59% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year.
Minority enrollment is 35% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the Illinois state average of 52% (majority Hispanic).
Alcott Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Alcott Elementary School's student population of 630 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 1 teachers has declined by 96% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Alcott Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,655 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Alcott Elementary School is 0.55, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (IL)
Overall Testing Rank
#257 out of 3655 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, IL Dept. of Education
Review Alcott Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Physical Education Reform in Public Schools
Learn how public schools are evolving to combat rising levels of obesity in public school students.
Transition Programs from Middle School to High School
Learn how transition programs can ease the difficult student transition between middle school and high school.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Programs at Public Schools
The International Baccalaureate (IB) program offers an alternative to the Advanced Placement curricula at the high school. More here.