- The student population of 518 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades PK-8|
|Total Students||518 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.09 is less than the state average of 0.15. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Alton School District's student population of 518 students has decreased by 36% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $16,103 in this district is less than the state average of $25,952. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,643 is less than the state average of $25,274. The district spending/student has grown by 5% over four years.
|School District Name||Alton School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||518||434|
|District Total Revenue||$13 MM||$11 MM|
|District Spending||$12 MM||$11 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$16,103||$25,952|
|District Spending / Student||$14,643||$25,274|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AltonProspect Mountain High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 530 students
242 Suncook Valley Rd.
Alton, NH 03809
New DurhamNew Durham Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-6 | 171 students
Po Box 212
New Durham, NH 03855
Gilmanton Iron Works Gilmanton Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-8 | 403 students
1386 Nh Rte. 140
Gilmanton Iron Works, NH 03837
Center BarnsteadBarnstead Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 479 students
Po Box 289
Center Barnstead, NH 03225
WolfeboroKingswood Regional High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 775 students
396 S. Main St.
Wolfeboro, NH 03894
Yes I think this is one of the best school's I've heard about. The school is just such a happy place to learn in and basically grow up in.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - pfloo
April 22, 2017
Police departments on public school campuses have played a major role in reducing violent crime and the speed limit. Unfortunately, they are also fighting an uphill battle against budget cuts.
April 22, 2017
Which states have the most diverse public schools? We analyze our data to find how much diversity truly exists on public school campuses. Learn about the varying levels of school diversity in regions around the nation, as well as the benefits derived from ethnic diversity in schools.
April 21, 2017
Children are reading less and less in this country, and the effects of that are showing in their performance in school. However, there are a variety of ways parents can encourage their children to read – and hopefully to love reading!