New Hampshire Public Schools
- New Hampshire is the #46 largest school system in the United States, serving 183,812 students across 488 public schools.
- New Hampshire public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.24, which is lower than the national average of 0.51.
- The most diverse school district in New Hampshire is Manchester School District. Read more about public school diversity statistics in New Hampshire or national school diversity statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 13% (majority Hispanic and Asian) and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(NH) School Average
Two or more races
New Hampshire Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 24 Schools9,011 Students7% Minority
- 23 Schools5,653 Students4% Minority
- 39 Schools9,609 Students7% Minority
- 24 Schools3,998 Students6% Minority
- 51 Schools11,109 Students9% Minority
- 116 Schools60,225 Students21% Minority
- 56 Schools18,753 Students10% Minority
- 95 Schools45,061 Students9% Minority
- 37 Schools15,851 Students12% Minority
- 23 Schools4,542 Students6% Minority
September 19, 2017
Though many students move straight into college after high school, there is some benefit to taking a "gap year". Keep reading to learn what a gap year is and how it might benefit you.
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.