Alton Central School Elementary School
- Alton Central School Elementary School's student population of 471 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has declined by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||471 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alton Central School Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NH)|
|Overall School Rank||#254 out of 457 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alton School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alton Prospect Mountain High School Grades: 9-12 | 496 students
242 Suncook Valley Rd.
Alton, NH 03809
(603)875-3800 1.8 9-12 496
- New Durham New Durham Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 165 students
7 Old Bay Rd.
New Durham, NH 03855
(603)859-2061 3.4 PK-6 165
- Gilmanton Iron Works Gilmanton Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 393 students
1386 Nh Rte. 140
Gilmanton Iron Works, NH 03837
(603)364-5681 5.9 K-8 393
- Center Barnstead Barnstead Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 470 students
91 Maple St.
Center Barnstead, NH 03225
(603)269-5161 7.8 PK-8 470
- Wolfeboro Kingswood Regional High School Grades: 9-12 | 804 students
396 S. Main St.
Wolfeboro, NH 03894
(603)569-2055 8.5 9-12 804
Yes I think this is one of the best school's I've heard about. The school is just such a happy place to learn in and basically grow up in.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - pfloo
Nearby Homes for Sale
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.