Amana Elementary School
Amana Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Amana Elementary School's student population of 145 students has declined by 31% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 43% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Amana Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#764 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clear Creek Amana Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oxford Clear Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 269 students
230 W Wilson
Oxford, IA 52322
(319) 828-4505 7.4 PK-5 269
- Norway Norway Elementary School Grades: 4-6 | 327 students
100 School Drive
Norway, IA 52318
(319) 227-7142 7.5 4-6 327
- Marengo Iowa Valley Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 241 students
359 E Hilton St
Marengo, IA 52301
(319) 642-3332 8.7 7-12 241
- Marengo Iowa Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 343 students
151 E May
Marengo, IA 52301
(319) 642-3812 8.9 PK-6 343
- Williamsburg Williamsburg Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 545 students
810 W Walnut
Williamsburg, IA 52361
(319) 668-1050 11.2 7-12 545
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.