Iowa Valley Elementary School
- Iowa Valley Elementary School's student population of 343 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||343 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Iowa Valley Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#207 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Iowa Valley Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marengo Iowa Valley Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 241 students
359 E Hilton St
Marengo, IA 52301
(319) 642-3332 0.3 7-12 241
- Amana Amana Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 145 students
3023 220th Trail
Amana, IA 52203
(319) 622-3255 8.9 PK-5 145
- Williamsburg Mary Welsh Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 621 students
2383 Raider Drive
Williamsburg, IA 52361
(319) 668-2301 9.9 PK-6 621
- Williamsburg Williamsburg Junior Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 545 students
810 W Walnut
Williamsburg, IA 52361
(319) 668-1050 10.0 7-12 545
- Norway Norway Elementary School Grades: 4-6 | 327 students
100 School Drive
Norway, IA 52318
(319) 227-7142 10.2 4-6 327
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.