Andersen Elementary School
Andersen Elementary School serves 343 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Andersen Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Minnesota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the Minnesota state average of 56%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the Minnesota state average of 59%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the Minnesota state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Minnesota state average of 34% (majority Black).
Andersen Elementary School's student population of 343 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Andersen Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,789 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Andersen Elementary School is 0.21, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MN)
Overall Testing Rank
#432 out of 1789 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MN Dept. of Education
Review Andersen Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
How to Earn Your Associate’s Degree Before Graduating from High School
Earn your associate's degree - or credit towards a bachelor's degree - before you earn your high school diploma. Learn about early college high schools and how they can help you jumpstart your higher education.
The Best High School Classes for Collegiate Success
Learn which classes can best help students prepare for college.
Technology in Public Schools
Learn how technology is being implemented and funded in public schools.