Arabia Mountain High School - Academy Of Engineering- Medic
Arabia Mountain High School - Academy Of Engineering- Medic places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 1%)
- Arabia Mountain High School - Academy Of Engineering- Medic's student population of 1,417 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 86 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,417 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||86 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Arabia Mountain High School - Academy Of Engineering- Medic is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,188 schools in Georgia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#650 out of 2188 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dekalb County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lithonia Leadership Preparatory Academy Grades: K-8 | 462 students
6400 Woodrow Rd
Lithonia, GA 30038
(404)656-3103 3.3 K-8 462
- Conyers Shoal Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 713 students
1300 Mcwilliams Rd Sw
Conyers, GA 30094
(770)929-1430 3.7 PK-5 713
We have a 100% graduation rate. Our students graduate college and career ready. All of our students maintain a 2.5 GPA (minimum) and all of our valedictorians and salutatorians have a GPA higher than 4.0. Our CCRPI score leads the region and is among the top five in the district. Our parents are all parent volunteers by choice and by design.
- Posted by Parent - jrj96
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.