Maricopa County Regional School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 5 public high schools in Maricopa County Regional School District, serving 585 students. Public high schools in Maricopa County Regional School District have an average math proficiency score of 16% (versus the Arizona public high school average of 48%), and reading proficiency score of 16% (versus the 47% statewide average). This district's average high testing ranking is 2/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public high schools in Arizona.
- The top ranked public high schools in Maricopa County Regional School District are Hope College And Career Readiness Academy, Durango Transitional Learning Center and Mesa Transitional Learning Center. Overall testing rank is based on a school's combined math and reading proficiency test score ranking.
- public high school in Maricopa County Regional School District have a Graduation Rate of 6%, which is less than the Arizona average of 79%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Continued Hope High Schools, with <50% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Arizona or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 93% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona public high school average of 60% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the Arizona public high school average of 20:1.
|School District Name||Maricopa County Regional School District|
|School District Website||http://www.mcrsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(602) 452-4700|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|# of Schools||5 Schools||883 Schools|
|# of Students||585 Students||388,392 Students|
|# of Teachers||33 Teachers||14,453 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||20:1|
- Maricopa County Regional School District, which is ranked within the2/, bottom 50% of all 336 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 1% has decreased from 5% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||8 Students||19,637 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||3 Students||13,708 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||482 Students||165,426 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||43 Students||21,129 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||43 Students||156,765 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||1,406 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 Students||10,305 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||229|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||2||3,207|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||3,323|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||2||3,375|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||3,657|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||4,068|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||1||5,018|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||4||6,953|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||6||12,737|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||16||13,088|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||329||86,171|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||68||84,150|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||67||78,421|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||90||83,992|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||3|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $6,728 in this school district is less than the state average of 7839. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,245 is less than the state average of $7,481. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||2477000|
|Revenue / Student||$6,728||7839|
|Spending / Student||$6,245||7481|
Maricopa County Regional School District Public High Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Hope College And Career Readiness Academy 6900 S. 24th St
Phoenix, AZ 85042
Grades: 9-12 | 110 students
- Durango Transitional Learning Center 3125 West Durango
Phoenix, AZ 85009
Grades: 3-12 | 81 students
- Mesa Transitional Learning Center 1810 S. Lewis St.
Mesa, AZ 85210
Grades: 3-12 | 54 students
- Southwest Key Transitional Learning Center 2613 W Campbell Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Grades: K-12 | 328 students
- Continued Hope High Schools6629 W. Clarendon Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85033
Grades: 8-12 | 12 students
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.