Maricopa County Regional School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 5 public middle schools in Maricopa County Regional School District, serving 516 students. Public middle schools in Maricopa County Regional School District have an average math proficiency score of 13% (versus the Arizona public middle school average of 42%), and reading proficiency score of 13% (versus the 43% statewide average). This district's average middle testing ranking is 1/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public middle schools in Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 92% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona public middle school average of 60% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the Arizona public middle school average of 19:1.
|School District Name||Maricopa County Regional School District|
|School District Website||http://www.mcrsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(602) 452-4700|
|School District Grades Offered||KG - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|# of Schools||5 Schools||1,016 Schools|
|# of Students||516 Students||551,061 Students|
|# of Teachers||29 Teachers||20,956 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||19:1|
- Maricopa County Regional School District, which is ranked within the1/, bottom 50% of all 451 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 1% has decreased from 5% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 Students||27,015 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||17,174 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||440 Students||237,385 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||27 Students||31,015 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||39 Students||218,826 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||1,952 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 Students||17,678 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||3,948|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||17||30,834|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||3||30,744|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||5||31,392|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||5||33,217|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||4||36,963|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||3||39,857|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||8||62,332|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||10||87,280|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||17||86,944|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||316||28,304|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||39||27,411|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||42||25,345|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||47||26,395|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||95|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $6,728 in this school district is less than the state average of 7839. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,245 is less than the state average of $7,481. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||2477000|
|Revenue / Student||$6,728||7839|
|Spending / Student||$6,245||7481|
Maricopa County Regional School District Public Middle Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Durango Transitional Learning Center 3125 West Durango
Phoenix, AZ 85009
Grades: 3-12 | 81 students
- Esperanza Prep 1938 E Apache Blvd
Tempe, AZ 85281
Grades: K-8 | 41 students
- Mesa Transitional Learning Center 1810 S. Lewis St.
Mesa, AZ 85210
Grades: 3-12 | 54 students
- Southwest Key Transitional Learning Center 2613 W Campbell Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Grades: K-12 | 328 students
- Continued Hope High Schools6629 W. Clarendon Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85033
Grades: 8-12 | 12 students
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.