Arlington Elementary - 02
Arlington Elementary - 02 serves 150 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Arlington Elementary - 02 placed in the top 5% of all schools in South Dakota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 80-84% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 75-79% (which is higher than the South Dakota state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the South Dakota state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the South Dakota state average of 30% (majority American Indian).
Arlington Elementary - 02 ranks among the top 20% of public schools in South Dakota for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Arlington Elementary - 02's student population of 150 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 10 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Arlington Elementary - 02 is ranked within the top 5% of all 631 schools in South Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Arlington Elementary - 02 is 0.17, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.48. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (SD)
Overall Testing Rank
#9 out of 631 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, SD Dept. of Education
Review Arlington Elementary - 02. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.