Arrowhead Elementary School
- Arrowhead Elementary School's student population of 472 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||472 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Arrowhead Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#590 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Va Beach City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norfolk Easton Preschool Grades: PK | 162 students
6045 Curlew Dr
Norfolk, VA 23502
(757)892-3290 0.8 PK 162
- Virginia Beach Point O' View Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 770 students
5400 Parliament Dr
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
(757)648-3440 0.9 PK-5 770
- Norfolk Southeastern Coop Ed Pgm Grades: K-2
6160 Kempsville Cr., Suite 300
Norfolk, VA 23502
(757)892-6100 1.4 K-2 n/a
- Virginia Beach Kempsville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 519 students
570 Kempsville Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
(757)648-2720 1.5 PK-5 519
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.