Fairfield Elementary School
Fairfield Elementary School serves 551 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Fairfield Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 91% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 82%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 82% (which is higher than the Virginia state average of 78%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Virginia state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Virginia state average of 51% (majority Black).
Fairfield Elementary School's student population of 551 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Fairfield Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,800 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Fairfield Elementary School is 0.66, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (VA)
Overall Testing Rank
#467 out of 1800 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, VA Dept. of Education
I went to Fairfield Elementary back in those years. I'm a ninth grader now. I absolutely loved it. I love the teachers. The school events are great and educational. Although, I haven't attended the school after the new administration was in. They have so much activities to get involved in and it made me get excited about school.
I was horribly abused physcially and mentally by my classmates for all the years I went here. My teachers and the administration did nothing. I am not the only one, many of my neighbors' children suffered the same. The school plays heavily into the game of 'political correctness', allowing minority students to do what they want for fear of a lawsuit. I'm still bitter and angry about this place after all these years.
Review Fairfield Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Going Green: Should Public Schools Teach Green Lessons?
The eco-friendly movement has reached our public schools and charter schools. Learn about how schools are incorporating green education into their curriculum and entire charters.
Abstinence-Only Education: Does it Work?
In light of President Obama’s recent backing of abstinence-only education, we take a look at the numbers to see if this type of sex ed teaching really leads to lower pregnancy and STD rates.
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other and hopefully not one we’ll repeat anytime soon. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of America’s public education system and we’re still seeing the effects. In this article, we’ll explore the impact of the pandemic on America’s public schools, see how they responded, and talk about some tips for returning to in-person education this fall.