Ash Fork Elementary School
Ash Fork Elementary School serves 104 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Ash Fork Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 80-84% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-74% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the Arizona state level of 18:1.
Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Arizona state average of 62% (majority Hispanic).
Ash Fork Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Percent Eligible For Free Lunch
Ash Fork Elementary School's student population of 104 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Ash Fork Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2,120 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Ash Fork Elementary School is 0.53, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (AZ)
Overall Testing Rank
#97 out of 2120 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, AZ Dept. of Education
Review Ash Fork Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.