Ashford Elementary School
Ashford Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Ashford Elementary School's student population of 751 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||751 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ashford Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#392 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Houston County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ashford Houston Co Area Vocational Center Grades: 9-12
662 West Main
Ashford, AL 36312
(334)899-3308 0.2 9-12 n/a
- Webb Webb Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 470 students
178 Depot St
Webb, AL 36376
(334)792-5744 6.0 K-6 470
- Dothan Hidden Lake Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 576 students
1475 Prevatt Rd
Dothan, AL 36301
(334)794-1491 6.9 K-5 576
- Dothan Beverlye Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 451 students
1025 S Beverlye Rd
Dothan, AL 36301
(334)794-1432 7.5 6-8 451
This is my childrens first year at ashford elem.. and ashford high.. i have 4 children, and they are so happy with there school..and thats hard to find these days, we are very blest to have moved into these school district...i reccomend this school (elementary) to anyone with small children... i havent met one person there that doesnt love there joglll
- Posted by Parent - bould
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.