Atlantic High School
Atlantic High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Atlantic High School's student population of 1,151 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 75 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,151 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Atlantic High School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2523 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Volusia School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Atlantic High School is Spruce Creek High School (3.1 miles away)
- The nearest middle school, elementary school is Volusia Virtual Instruction Program District Provided (0.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Orange Volusia Virtual Instruction Program District Provided Grades: 6-8 | 5 students
1250 Reed Canal Rd
Port Orange, FL 32129
(386)734-7190 0.1 6-8 5
- Port Orange Sugar Mill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 663 students
1101 Charles St
Port Orange, FL 32129
(386)756-7130 1.5 PK-5 663
- Port Orange Port Orange Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 408 students
402 Dunlawton Ave
Port Orange, FL 32127
(386)756-7100 2.1 PK-5 408
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.