Attucks Middle School
- Attucks Middle School's student population of 703 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||703 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Attucks Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2540 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Broward School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hollywood Bethune Mary M Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 523 students
2400 Meade St
Hollywood, FL 33020
(754) 323-4900 0.2 PK-5 523
- Dania Dania Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 506 students
300 Se 2nd Ave
Dania, FL 33004
(754) 323-5350 0.7 PK-5 506
- Hollywood South Broward High School Grades: 9-12 | 2,325 students
1901 N Federal Hwy
Hollywood, FL 33020
(754) 323-1800 1.1 9-12 2,325
I have had the pleasure of teaching middle school students for fifteen years in four different schools in the South Florida area. It is to my amazement that Attucks Middle surpasses each of these in teacher quality and training, innovativeness, and sheer devotion towards students and teaching! I am honored to work at this school alongside talented teachers, and progressive and knowledgeable administrators. I have never seen an ESE, ELE support staff who cared for their students more than Attucks does. Every student counts at AMS!
- Posted by Teacher - patri
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.