Auburn High School
- Auburn High School's student population of 410 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||410 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Auburn High School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#343 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||MONTGOMERY CO PBLC SCHS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Riner Auburn Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 292 students
4163 Riner Rd
Riner, VA 24149
(540)382-5165 0.2 6-8 292
- Riner Auburn Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 542 students
1760 Auburn School Dr.
Riner, VA 24149
(540)381-6521 0.3 PK-5 542
- Christiansburg Christiansburg Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 772 students
1205 Buffalo Drive Nw
Christiansburg, VA 24073
(540)394-2180 4.1 6-8 772
- Blacksburg Blacksburg Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 889 students
3109 Price's Fork Rd.
Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540)951-5800 4.7 6-8 889
- Newport News New River Valley Juvenile Detention Home
650 Wades Lanes
Newport News, VA 23607
(540)381-0097 4.9 n/a n/a
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.