Azalea Gardens Middle School
- Azalea Gardens Middle School's student population of 919 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||919 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Azalea Gardens Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1704 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Norfolk City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norfolk Little Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 715 students
7900 Tarpon Place
Norfolk, VA 23518
(757) 531-3080 0.3 PK-5 715
- Norfolk Tarrallton Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 368 students
2080 Tarrallton Dr
Norfolk, VA 23518
(757) 531-1800 1.1 PK-5 368
- Norfolk The Academy Of International Studies At Rosemont
1330 Branch Rd.
Norfolk, VA 23513
(757) 852-4610 1.5 n/a n/a
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.